Belcastro Related Links
ARTISTS & ORGANIZATIONS WHO HAVE COMMISSIONED / PERFORMED BELCASTRO'S WORKS
• Abbie Conant, trombonist - commissioned What is a Modern Goddess? for trombone / voice and tape
• Augustine Mercante , counter-tenor - commissioned a collection of works for piano and voice.
• Auros Group for New Music - through CMN! commissioned the chamber work Eidolon
• Avian Orchestra - commissioned the chamber work Smoke N' Wid
• Brian Sacawa, saxophonist - through CMN! commissioned the electro-acoustic work Collage No.1 (Bits of Bowie)
• Daniel Stepner, violinist (The Lydian Quartet) - performed the world premiere of the solo violin work Farewell
• Duo con Forza - through CMN! commissioned the guitar duet Train of Thought
• Ensemble 54 - commissioned the chamber work Storm Clouds Absinthe Green.
• Ensemble CMN! - commissioned the chamber works Snowdrop & Ann Hinson.
• Gary D. Cannon, conductor - commissioned Maria for choir, clarinet, cello & organ
• Greg Spiridopoulos, trombonist - performed the world premiere of Sonance for trombone and electronics
• Kovach Trio - through CMN! commissioned the chamber work Trioka
• Margery Smith, saxophonist - performed the Australian premiere of Collage No. 1 (Bits of Bowie)
• Marilyn Nonken, pianist - through CMN! commissioned the solo piano work Conflicting Impulses
• Melomanie - commissioned an as yet untitled work for sitar, flute, violin, cello, viol da gamba and harpsichord
• NakedEye - commissioned the arrangement of Rzewski's Coming Together
• Network for New Music - commissioned the chamber work Caution, Rip Current
• Ovidiu Marinescu, cellist - through CMN! commissioned the multimedia work Philly Bar Hop
• Patrik Karlsson , guitarist - commissioned Collage No. 2 (Ramone Roam)
• Piotr Szewczyk , violinist - commissioned Buyer's Remorse
• PMP - provided funding assistance for the commission of the chamber works Philly Bar Hop & Snowdrop
• PRISM Saxophone Quartet - through New Sounds Music Inc., commissioned the saxophone quartet Pseudopod
• Rachael Garcia, soprano - through CMN! commissioned "A New Piece" for soprano voice and electronics
• RIOT - commissioned the chamber work Riot Act
• Sequitur - performed the chamber work Smoke N' Wid on 4/30/08
• Serafin String Quartet - through CMN! commissioned the string quartet a fly is in...
• UC Davis Concert Band - commissioned Smoke Rings for band
• William Kirkley, clarinetist - performed the world premiere of the solo clarinet work, Shadow Figures
• Delaware County Community College - Pennsylvania College where Belcastro serves as Prof. of Music and Artistic Director of the DCCC Performing Artis Concert Series.
• Brandeis University - Massachusetts University where Belcastro earned his M.F.A in Music Composition
• Chamber Music Now! - Philadelphia institution where Belcastro served as Executive Director
• The Nelly Berman School of Music - Pennsylvania institution where Belcastro served as Administrative Director
• The Philadelphia Orchestra - Philadelphia Institution where Belcastro served as Assistant Director of Education
• University of California, Davis - California University where Belcastro earned his B.A. in Music
• Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI)